Mission and Mandate
To provide unity and focus for licensed engineers employed by Ontario’s municipalities through addressing issues of common concern and by facilitating the sharing of knowledge and information.
- Develops and champions positions on municipal engineering issues
- Advocates for sustainable municipal infrastructure practices
- Enables knowledge development and dissemination in the field of municipal engineering
- Is the leading authority on municipal engineering practices
- Develops, maintains and distributes best practice technical documentation and expertise for use by both private and public sector municipal engineering practitioners.
- As Joint owner with the MTO manages, promotes and keeps the Ontario Provincial Standards System as the provincially recognized authority for the design and construction of infrastructure.
- Provides a venue through which members can network, socialize and share knowledge
- Provides mentorship and career growth opportunities
- Is the proponent and maintainer of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process for Municipal Public work.